Malesian Orchid Journal Vol. 6
The Malesian Orchid Journal, a new twice-yearly publication, will publish scientific and semi-popular articles on the taxonomy, ecology and conservation of the native orchids of the Malesian—the area formerly known as the East Indies. Malesia traditionally comprises the Philippines, Sundaland (Malay Peninsula, Greater Sunda Islands (Sumatra, Java, Borneo, Sulawesi), Lesser Sunda Islands (e.g. Bali, Lombok, Komodo, Sumbawa, Flores, Timor), and Papuasia (Maluku, New Guinea and the Bismarck Archipelago, but excluding Bougainville). Many of the world’s biodiversity hotspots are located in Malesia. The flora may be represented by as many as 30,000 flowering plants, including 6000 native orchid species in 200 genera. Approximately 3000 species are recorded from the island of New Guinea alone, while Mount Kinabalu on Borneo, an area of only about 1200 km2, has 850 taxa of orchids in 137 general.
- In Memoriam: Dr Howard Page Wood, M.D.
- Biogeography of Subtribe Dendrobiinae in Malesia by Howard P. Wood, M.D.
- Dendrobium datinconnieae — A New Species of section Calcarifera from Sabah by Jeffrey J. Wood & Chan Chew Lun
- The True Roseocalcar by Jeffrey J. Wood
- A New Species of Dendrobium (section Aporum) from Kalimantan by Jeffrey J. Wood and Peter O’Byrne
- Dendrobium dianae — A New Species of section Calcarifera from Borneo by Destario Metusala, Peter O’Byrne and Jeffrey J. Wood
- Dendrobium quadrilobatum Carr — A New Record for Borneo by Jeffrey J. Wood & Peter O’Byrne
- Two New Dendrobiums from Peninsular Malaysia by Peter O’Byrne
- Dendrobium babiense J.J. Sm. (section Aporum) — A New Record for the Flora of Peninsular Malaysia by Ong Poh Teck
- A New Species of Dendrobium (section Calcarifera) from Indonesian Borneo by Destario Metusala, Peter O’Byrne & Jeffrey J. Wood
- Dendrobium nudum and D. spathilingue (section Calcarifera) — Newly Discovered in Borneo by Jeffrey J. Wood
- Dendrobium macrophyllum var. ternatense (section Latouria) in Borneo by Jeffrey J. Wood, Anthony Lamb and Peter O’Byrne
- Dendrobium section Platycaulon in Borneo by Jeffrey J. Wood and Anthony Lamb
- Dendrobium pseudokurashigei — A New Species of section Crumenata from Sabah by Jeffrey J. Wood